There are some new additions, including a new No. 1. Now, some of these guys (particularly the top three) might not even make it to No. 18, but I've seen them reach 18 -- any beyond -- in recent mock drafts, so it's not completely out the realm of possibility.
High school players dominate my big board. More specifically, high school pitchers. I've always been partial to them.
My Big Board, v2.0
1. LHP Trey Ball, New Castle HS (IN, pictured)
2. SS J.P. Crawford, Lakewood HS (CA)
3. 1B/OF Dominic Smith, Serra HS (CA)
4. RHP Phil Bickford, Oaks Christian HS (CA)
5. RHP Hunter Harvey, Bandys HS (NC)
6. LHP Ian Clarkin, Madison HS (CA)
7. C Nick Ciuffo, Lexington HS (SC)
8. LHP Matt Krook, St. Ignatius HS (CA)
9. C Jon Denney, Yukon HS (OK)
10. OF Phillip Ervin, Samford
11. OF Aaron Judge, Fresno State
12. RHP Devin Williams, Hazelwood West HS (MO)
13. LHP Hunter Green, Warren East HS (KY)
14. LHP Rob Kaminsky, St. Joseph Regional (NJ)
15. RHP Chris Anderson, Jacksonville
Ball is takes the top spot after Perfect Game mocked him to the Dodgers in their mock on Friday. If he were to fall, he'd be a steal. He's a two-way prospect (also an outfielder), but I think he has better potential as a pitcher. Wouldn't be the first time the Dodgers drafted a potential two-way player in the first round or two of the draft.
Crawford moves up to No. 2 based on talent and the dearth of impact middle infield prospects in this draft. Smith moves down due to Ball's addition and Crawford's ascension.
More likely, a guy like Bickford or Harvey will be there at No. 18. I'd be surprised if both aren't. Also, Clarkin was mocked to the Dodgers on Thursday by Keith Law and Jonathan Mayo. He was originally mocked to the Dodgers by Baseball America in its first mock.
Some prep arms populate the three of the newest spots (11-15). All three are expected to go between No. 18 and the Dodgers' second-round pick.
The Dodgers just need to select the best player available. If one of the top three on my board fall, I'd be stoked. Catching depth is a problem, and despite the struggles of prep catchers, I wouldn't be at all opposed to grabbing one of them with their first pick.
The draft is one week away. I'll probably do one more update before draft day.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Perfect Game